Who’s the opponent who used to tickle Tiki Barber at the bottom of the pile after running plays?

Feb 4, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT

Comments Off
Cantor Fitzgerald & BGC Partners Host Annual Charity Day On 9/11 To Benefit Over 100 Charities Worldwide Getty Images

Retired running back Tiki Barber stopped by the information superhighway that is Reddit today to answer some burning questions about his life after retirement. Right now that revolves around a website he created called “Thuzio“, where, much like a clown at a child’s birthday party, people can hire athletes to appear at events in a more transparent manner. He talked about it on a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything).

Athletes have always done appearances to supplement their incomes and capitalize on their fame in the offseason. This makes the process easier, I’d imagine.

Here are some of my favorite highlights from the dialogue:

sua_sponte: As a RB, Who is the single defensive player you used to actively try to avoid out on the field?

[–]tikibarber[S] 200 points 1 hour ago

Jeremiah Trotter. We played each other so much and knew each other so well that when he hit me, he hit me hard. But he’d also help me up and sometimes tickle me under the pile.

greekguy16: You obviously had a problem holding onto the football early in your career and fixed that later on. who taught you to carry the football and what did you do to fix the fumbling problem?

[–]tikibarber[S] 95 points 1 hour ago

It was more my running back coach Jerald Ingram, Coach Coughlin gets the credit as well

PorSiempre7: Hey Tiki! As a die hard Buccaneers fan, I grew up learning a ton about you and Ronde. Can you describe your relationship with him? He’s a hero here in Tampa. What’s something we may not know about him?

[–]tikibarber[S] 76 points 1 hour ago*

Ronde and I are as close as 2 people can be and since Ive been retired, I am able to spend a lot more time with him, which is fantastic. I am sure you know that h is a 5 handicap golfer, but another big hobby of his is traveling the world. Last year he went to Australia, New Zealand. I am sure this year he will be some place exotic.

iBleeedorangeo: Hi Tiki, Which QB would you rather play with, Luck, Griffen, Keapernick or Wilson?

[–]tikibarber[S] 16 points 1 hour ago

Pistol offense with Kaepernick, however my style is more suited for a traditional offense (stretch runs, pass catching out of the backfield), which is the Colts and Luck.

draperp: What is Thuzio.com?

[–]tikibarber[S] 43 points 1 hour ago

It’s an online platform in early-stage start-up phase that allows the public to get direct access to pro talent for business, charity and personal events and appearances. Athlete appearances and talent booking have been around for a long time, and we’re looking to bring transparency to the industry.

takingadeuce: Just to start off you were one of my favorite players as a kid. What inspired you to try and make a comeback? How shocked were you by your comeback not being so successful?

[–]tikibarber[S] 6 points 44 minutes ago

Not shocked, because I hadn’t played in 4 years. Mike Tomlin actually sparked me, because covering the Super Bowl he suggested it. Unfortunately, that year the lockout happened and I never really got a jump. But it sparked my professional career. Later that summer I co-founded Thuzio with Mark Gerson, which identified the exact issue I was having as an ex-player and a year later, I was back on radio. It all worked out fine.

UCANTIGNOREMYGIRTH: How do you feel now about dumping your eight month pregnant wife of 11 years, then subsequently missing out on the birth of your twin daughters?

[–]tikibarber[S] 16 points 1 hour ago

Relationships and marriage is very complicated. The only thing that is important now is that my family and I are in a good place, despite what the media exposes.