Feb 4, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
The lights stayed on and there were no controversial pass interference non-calls, although there was occasional hoarding of the fleece squirrel (see photo). Puppy Bowl IX is in the books, but the good news is that puppy pitchers and catchers report to spring training in eight days.
Animal Planet has named the Most Valuable Puppy:
This year’s Puppy Bowl Bissell “Most Valuable Puppy” prize goes to the most courageous pooch on the field: Marta, a Schnauzer/Beagle mix, from the adoption organization AHeinz57 Pet Rescue & Transport. She out-hustled and out-muscled dogs twice her size to take the MVP title.
As far as I can tell, criteria for determining Most Valuable Puppy is even more confusing and esoteric than the NFL quarterback rating formula. But after watching Marta in action, we cannot disagree with the choice.
- Most controversial addition: hedgehog cheerleaders. Didn’t bring a lot to the party.
- What was better: Kitty Halftime Show, or Beyonce Halftime Show? Please vote.
- Best addition: Tweeting parrot.
We’ll report the ratings when they roll in.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found