Feb 4, 2013, 10:14 AM EDT
The new season of American Ninja Warrior (on G4 and NBC) doesn’t get underway until this summer, but they need some ninjas and warriors, and that process is starting now. Could one of them be you?
Well, maybe. But first you’ll have to put down that box of Donettes and apply. Details below.
Will co-host Jonny Moseley be back? An ANW spokesman told us:
Production is still locking down the particulars for hosts, locations, debut date, etc. – right now they are in competitor casting process. Will keep you updated.
“American Ninja Warrior”, the hit competition series which tests an athlete’s strength, agility, balance and willpower on a set of diabolical obstacle courses, is looking for contestants for its fifth season airing this summer on G4 and NBC.
Anyone in the nation who believes they have what it takes to conquer this year’s unexpected twists and all-new course designs are encouraged to visit the official casting website (http://www.ANWTryouts.com) to apply for a competition slot. As with last season, this year’s competition will attempt to find a wide array of American contestants, from grandmothers and puppeteers to professional athletes and Hollywood stuntmen.
Well that sounds … wait. Puppeteers?
To be considered, applicants (21 years and older) must visit http://www.ANWTryouts.com and submit an online video which describes why they should be deemed worthy enough to join the schoolteachers, firefighters, police officers, social workers and other everyday heroes as they transform into fearless acrobatic contestants during filming this spring.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL