Feb 2, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
To note, most Twitter posts aren’t exactly grammatically correct and people will make mistakes from time to time attempting to sum up their thoughts in 140 characters or less.
Since most famous athletes don’t exactly care how their grammar is portrayed through the social media site, it gave some school children the chance to flex their grammatical knowledge.
A group of second graders from Elmwood Franklin Elementary in Buffalo, N.Y were given the task of correcting NFL player tweets for an assignment and check out the best examples that was posted to the school’s Facebook page:
Second graders correct NFL player tweets [Helmet2Helmet]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found