Feb 2, 2013, 12:28 PM EDT
As we are only one day away from Super Bowl XLVII between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens, 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick might have a little incentive to win San Francisco its sixth title in the team’s history.
Back in January, the New York Daily News did a story about 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh’s willingness to turn the team over to Colin which briefly mentioned his love of the fast food giant “Red Robin”:
Teammates talk of Kaepernick’s ease with others and workmanlike dedication to development. He walks around the hallways wearing Beats headphones, cuing up any of the 6,000 songs on his iPod. He lives walking distance from work, and keeps an eye on all aspects of his newfound wealth. When a financial adviser flew in from New York and asked him where he would like to go out to dinner, Kaepnerick chose Red Robin, a favorite haunt of his.
Earlier in the week, Red Robin CEO Steve Carley took out an advertisement in the San Francisco Chronicle which promised that if Colin was able to win Super Bowl, he would be entitled to free Red Robin for life and below is an excerpt from that ad:
We can imagine how focused you must be on the big game this Sunday, but as you prepare to lead your teammates to victory on the field, we wanted to offer an additional incentive in return for your love of Red Robin. And since we’ve already got the ‘Red’ covered for The Red and Gold, we thought you needed something gold.
So here’s our golden offer: If you emerge as the winning QB on Sunday, we’ll give you free Red Robin for life. We’re game — are you?
For the common man living near San Francisco, Red Robin also promises a special deal that if the 49ers win Super Bowl 47, anyone who purchases a Tavern Double Burger will get a second one for free.
Tasty deal, huh?
Kaepernick could get free Red Robin for life [Inside Scoop SF]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires