Feb 1, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
On Tuesday we told you about Fauja Singh, the 101-year-old marathon man dubbed the “Turbaned Tornado” who just announced his retirement from competitive running. The Hong Kong Marathon on February 24th will be his last.
But Mr. Singh, who was born the same year the Titanic sunk, will still be running for fun. What keeps him going? We found this old ad he did for PETA in 2011, when he was a mere pup of 100.
The “Turbaned Torpedo” credits his vegetarian diet, among other factors, with giving him the incredible stamina that propelled him into the Guinness World Records. This may be the best inspiration ever to get us off the couch and into some running shoes and is also living proof of why it’s never too late to incorporate healthy, plant-based foods into your diet.
Turbaned Tornado, Turbaned Torpedo … there seems to be a discrepancy. Shouldn’t his nickname be Turbaned Tomato? That sounds about right.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Gary Stevens wins third Preakness
- Play Video: Big Brown takes Preakness by a landslide
- Play Video: Shackleford holds off Animal Kingdom