Watch a clueless mascot and a backflipping Western Illinois cheerleader make like Howie Day and collide
Jan 31, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
This is either a mistake or an insane new style of destructive choreography I can totally get behind.
The first thing you have to be wary about when you’re in a basketball type setting are the cheerleaders. They, for no good reason, spend a lot of their time torquing around the court doing backflips and somersaults, all in unison, and followed by a hearty “GO TEAM!”. They spend their down time trying not to cheer for the other team. And if you’re walking around in a big lumbering mascot uniform, you’re not going to have a lot of peripherals.
I guess what I’m saying is this isn’t the first time a mascot gets clocked by a flipping cheerleader and it most surely won’t be the last. Because even the best fall down sometimes, and even the wrong words seem to rhyme.
Here’s the video, from our good friends at Sportsgrid.
some of my favorite basketball memories involve cheerleaders who let their kicks get out of control and clock people as they’re walking by. You control those legs, my face is there.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games