Jan 31, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
Finally, a Super Bowl singing act that I’m actually looking forward to. There have been several NFL tributes to the slaying victims and survivors of the Newtown, CT, elementary school shootings, but none will likely be as meaningful as the one planned for Sunday by the students themselves.
The NFL has announced that 26 students from Sandy Hook Elementary School will sing America the Beautiful as part of the CBS pre-game show. It will be broadcast live, followed by Alicia Keys singing the National Anthem.
The chorus features 26 children from Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., where 20 first-graders and six adults were killed in a Dec. 14 shooting rampage.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found