Jan 30, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Dr. Phil solves another national crisis. Ronaiah Tuiasosopo appears on the Dr. Phil Show in a two-part interview on Thursday and Friday, but NBC’s Today Show got the scoop on the interview and has some excerpts (seen in the video below).
Dr. Phil concludes that Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o had absolutely no involvement in the hoax involving an imaginary girlfriend, other than lying about it once he discovered it wasn’t true. Tuiasosopo, who posed as Lennay Kekua, an imaginary person who supposedly died from leukemia, was in love with Te’o, said Dr. Phil.
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love,’’ McGraw told NBC’s Mike Taibbi in a segment that aired on TODAY Wednesday. “I asked him straight up, ‘Was this a romantic relationship with you?’ And he says yes. I said, ‘Are you then therefore gay?’ And he said, ‘When you put it that way, yes.’ And then he caught himself and said, ‘I am confused.’’’
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found