Jan 29, 2013, 10:05 AM EST
Now we know what happened to Hines Ward when he was swallowed in the explosion set by Bane at Gotham Stadium. He rose as a zombie.
The former Pittsburgh Steelers receiver will play a walker in the popular AMC series The Walking Dead (which returns with new episodes on Feb. 10). Or you can just say that he’ll be a zombie. Here are some photos of zombie Hines Ward, and let’s just say that I wouldn’t want to meet him in a dimly-lit prison corridor.
Ward got the role thanks to IronE Singleton, who plays T-Dog on the show and was a teammate of Ward’s at the University of Georgia. (Robert) Singleton was a backup running back for the Bulldogs when Ward played there.
“My agent thought it would be something fun and different for me to do,” Ward told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. NFL Films Presents also went behind the scenes with Hines Ward, detailing his transformation from NFL analyst to playing the undead.
“It was an amazing experience,” Ward said. “Just being in makeup preparing me for my role was cool. I actually scared myself when I looked in the mirror for the first time after.”
Ironically, Ward seems to have outlasted Singleton on the show. T-Dog, as you know, was killed off last season. Perhaps they’ll now become zombie teammates?
What exactly becomes of Ward in his Waking dead episode? Judging from these photos, it doesn’t end well.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found