The Crossover premieres tonight, so here’s Jose Canseco, Dennis Rodman and Gary Busey on a merry-go-round
Jan 28, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT
Won’t lie: I’m kind of stoked for the debut of The Crossover, a show melding pop culture, sports news and social media debuting on the NBC Sports Network tonight (6 p.m. ET). Former ESPN SportsNation host Michelle Beadle co-hosts with Dave Briggs (Comcast Sports New England, Fox & Friends). I’m a big fan of anything different that shakes the status quo and makes you laugh, so when I saw this promo featuring Jose Canseco and Gary Busey on a merry-go-round, I thought, well, that’s something you don’t see every day. Either that or I was having one of my frequent night terrors.
Oh, and Carrot Top’s on there too.
From Boston Globe:
“There’s not just one place to go anymore, and part of us coming here and doing this show is to bring a fun half-hour, not take yourself too seriously,’’ said Beadle. “No contrived arguments where it feels forced or not organic.
“I, personally, don’t watch sports through the eyes of a stats nerd or an anger monger. I truly love stories and characters and the flash and the sexiness of it all.”
The Crossover will debut from New Orleans, then next Monday will move to its permanent home in Studio 8G at 30 Rockefeller Plaza in New York. From NBC:
“Launching a brand new sports show and NOT being in New Orleans for Super Bowl week would have been absurd. The food, the people, the action.” said Beadle. “Besides, we can take a week of Bourbon Street mulligans before heading back to 30 Rock.”
It all sounds very promising: hopefully it will be a place where I can simply hang out and be amused. So, as Kramer would say, “Giddyup.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save