Jan 28, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
I have no data to prove this, but my suspicion is that there are more 49ers tattoos out there than there are Ravens tattoos. And by this weekend, the gap should be even wider. That’s because a tattoo parlor in Vallejo, CA, Allied Ink Tattoos & Piercings, is offering discounts on 49ers-themed inkwear leading into Super Bowl XLVII.
And are you as delighted as I am that a man who makes his living jabbing folks with a needle is named Andrew Moskito?
“We’re super excited, so we decided, ‘Why not?’ ” said Andrew Moskito, manager of Allied Ink Tattoos & Piercings.
The tattoo shop is discounting full-color, 49ers-themed designs to just $49 in honor of the team’s ascendance to the Super Bowl. The tattoos are limited to about the size of a palm.
“Normally, they’d be about $120,” Moskito said, noting that the shop’s minimum fee is usually $50.
Sadly, some people likely got their 49ers tattoos earlier in the season. So not only didn’t they get the discount, but now they have to explain why they have a picture of Alex Smith on their calf.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found