Jan 28, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Bad news for Roger Goodell this week: first President Obama said that if he had sons, he would be hesitant to let them play football. And now this: Kristin Cavallari said that her son with Bears quarterback Jay Cutler will be playing … baseball. What?
“I will try to steer Cam in a different direction, maybe a sport that isn’t so aggressive,” Cavallari told DNAinfo.com Chicago Monday in Pioneer Court, where she was posing for Gillette’s “Kiss & Tell” U.S. tour, which promotes clean-shaven faces. “Maybe baseball — something where he doesn’t have to get hit.”
It’s probably not worth fighting just yet. Camden Cutler is just five months old.
But Jay seems ready to rumble.
Indeed, the Bears quarterback in November said on ESPN 1000 that he would “absolutely” allow his son to play when the boy got older.
“There is a lot of other things I worry about for Cam other than football,” Cutler said. “I have diabetes, our food situation in America with preservatives and everything else we put into it. That’s something I worry about a lot more than him getting concussions playing football.”
I kind of have the feeling that they’ll have a lot more success keeping their son away from football than they will keeping him away from cookies.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found