‘Pucks in Space’….Toronto Maple Leafs ceremonial puck drop gets assist from International Space Station
Jan 26, 2013, 10:28 AM EDT
Most of the time, a ceremonial puck drop at an NHL game isn’t exactly the most exciting thing in the world but earlier this week, the Toronto Maple Leafs decided to reach for the stars with their puck drop.
For their home opener against the Buffalo Sabres, the Leafs decided to use a little video magic by showing astronaut Chris Hatfield on the International Space Station “dropping the puck” (although, that whole zero gravity thing got in the way).
The video then went into a montage that included Maple Leafs legends such as goalie Felix Potvin, Darcy Tucker, and Johnny Bower delivering the puck to the arena:
Well done, Toronto Maple Leafs…well done.
Toronto’s puck drop from space [Punch Drunk Love]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found