Jan 26, 2013, 8:26 AM EDT
In the sport of soccer, the goalie is usually the last line of the defense and while some do their best to stop the ball, sometimes you just have to stop the man.
Check out the below video from the first week of group C play in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations as one goalie decided to stop the man by kicking him right in the chest.
Watch as Ethiopian goalie Jamel Tassew was forced to stop a breakaway attempt in the 35th minute from Zambia’s Chisamba Lungu with a swift kick:
Somehow, Tassew took the worst of the hit and needed to be taken off the field on a stretcher. By the way, Jamel got a red card for his effort as well.
Ethiopoan goaltender kung-fu kicks opponent [Los That Sports Blog]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games