Jan 25, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
The day you’ve waited for is finally here — Animal Planet has revealed its lineup for Puppy Bowl IX. And this year there’s not one but two Japanese Chins, one of which, Simba, is pictured here. It’s hard to read a dog’s mind but this one just seems to be trouble. So if you’re wagering on the game’s MVP (and knowing your sick gambling addiction, I wouldn’t be surprised), this is the puppy I’d recommend.
Thirty-five doe-eyed doggies are primed to strut their adorable assets on Feb. 3 at 3 p.m. ET/PT – and each is available for adoption. (Read: These cuties could cuddle next to you on the couch after the show is over.)
In a Puppy Bowl first, a lineup of hedgehogs will cheer on these pigskin-loving pups from the sidelines, and annual favorites like the water bowl cam, kiss cam and a stadium-hovering blimp piloted by hamsters are all returning. Also hitting the field for his sophomore season is The Ref, a.k.a. Dan Schachner, who is charged with keeping all these players in line.
Unlike previous years in which the Puppy Bowl was shown opposite the Super Bowl, now the Puppy Bowl will preceded the Super Bowl by three hours, allowing you to watch both. Which is how it should be.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found