Jan 25, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
No, on second thought let’s not go to Camelot. It is a silly place. We have our Manti Te’o and our Lance Armstrong, but Great Britain is made of sillier stuff. Their big sports controversy right now involves a soccer ball boy who got kicked by a Premier League star because said ball boy would not give up the ball. Wait, what?
In the Taiwanese animation below, 17-year-old ball boy Charlie Morgan is depicted as a giant clam, with Chelsea’s Eden Hazard trying to pry him open with a crowbar. Or did I dream that? Hard to tell. But either way, it’s much more entertaining than the actual event on Wednesday, in which all Hazard did was kick the ball from beneath the little twerp, who was covering it to waste time for his team, Swansea.
And now the FA, the Premier League’s governing body, has charged Hazard with a “violent offense.”
All of England is talking about it. Turns out the kid is somewhat spoiled: the son of a wealthy hotelier who bragged before the match on Twitter that he was supposed to be “a timewaster”. Is this the dream that was Camelot?
Meanwhile, on Twitter:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found