The early results are in: here are the best tweets from the Manti Te’o-Katie Couric interview preview
Jan 24, 2013, 10:19 AM EDT
The clock is ticking, ladies and gentlemen: do you have enough guacamole and chicken wings for your Manti Te’o-Katie Couric interview viewing party? In the biggest TV sports interview since Oprah talked with Lance Armstrong way back about a week ago, Couric goes toe-to-T’eo with the Notre Dame linebacker on ABC today at 3 p.m. ET (time may vary: check your local listings, as they say).
The big news of course won’t be in the interview, as we just learned last night that, according to Te’o’s attorney, the voice that Te’o heard in phone conversations with his “girlfriend” Lennay Kekua was really a guy’s — Ronaiah Tuiasosopo — disguising his voice. I guess he was what they call in Seinfeld a high talker.
What will be in the interview (see the he ABC News teaser preview below): Te’o admitted he lied about his fake girlfriend for a time after discovering it was a hoax. Couric: “You stuck to the script. And you knew something was amiss, Manti. Why?”
Also, Tuiasosopo’s former high school coach is interviewed, calling him someone “you’d like your kids to grow up like.” Tuiasosopo may be charged with a crime, according to ABC.
So with all of this in mind, let’s take the pulse of the nation by starting the Twitter machine. Here are some pre-interview tweets:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found