Jan 24, 2013, 12:26 AM EDT
As you surely know, Serena Williams was upset by 19-year-old American Sloane Stephens this morning in the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, and exited the court complaining of back pain. Seems she also had another health concern: a bad wheel, which she injured earlier in the tournament.
Of course Williams, always gracious in defeat, had to let the world know that she had been playing hurt. And so the status of her swollen ankle was revealed, as she tweeted this photo. Yikes.
No photo of the racquet, Serena?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games