Jan 22, 2013, 2:24 PM EDT
The 49ers have been installed as 4- to 5-point favorites in Super Bowl XLVII, so naturally Princess the Camel is taking the points. Actually camels are notoriously stingy with money, so Princess — who lives in a zoo in New Jersey — is taking the Ravens straight up to beat SF. Why is this important?
- It’s the first of what is sure to be an avalanche of Super Bowl animal predictions.
- Princess is 6-1 over the past seven Super Bowls, including last year’s choice of New York over New England. Her only loss: she picked the Colts over the Saints in 2009.
I take my online stock trading advice from a baby, so why not trust my Super Bowl bet to a camel? Princess was 14-6 straight up picking NFL games in 2011, and in her best year, 2008, she was 17-5. The camel lives in New Jersey’s Popcorn Park Zoo, and makes her choices by gobbling graham crackers out of her owner’s hand — each marked with a different team name.
Here are more Princess facts if you are so inclined.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness