Jan 19, 2013, 12:38 PM EDT
Sure, it’s not like running away from NFL defensive ends but former Packers/Vikings/Jets quarterback Brett Favre faced some stiff competition at a church dodgeball tournament this week near his home at Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
According to the folks over at Busted Coverage, the tournament cost about $30 dollars per team and nearly forty teams signed up to do battle in the art of dodging balls.
One of the participants of the tournament even commented that people were gunning for Favre:
“There were 40 teams. His made it to final 16. Same as our team. Think some may have put a bounty in him. He was hit quite a bit,” said Brian Byrd.
I’m going to save you the time and not make a joke from the Vince Vaughn/Ben Stiller flick but instead present you a picture of Favre in action:
Bounty on Brett Favre during church dodgeball tournament [Busted Coverage]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead