Serena Williams accidentally smacked herself in the face with her racket at the Australian Open (video)
Jan 19, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
Most of the time, 5-time Australian Open champion Serena Williams is pretty good with her racket control during professional tennis matches.
However, Serena has some issues with her control during her second round match against Garbine Muguruza at this year’s Aussie Open and had a moment that she’d probably like to forget about.
With Miss Williams up 3-2 in the first set, she returned a comeback shot from Garbine and during her follow through, Serena hit herself straight in the face with the top head of the racket:
Despite the error, Serena would win the match in two sets and commented about the blunder on her Twitter page:
Serena Williams hits herself in the face with her racket [Last Angry Fan]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found