Jan 18, 2013, 7:29 PM EST
Looks like getting good at hackeysack really does pay off. Let me introduce you to the sport ‘Sepaktakraw’, where it takes a perfectly timed bicycle kick to earn the chance at a point.
It’s volleyball with your feet that necessitates insane precision to succeed at. 99.999% of the world’s population would look like a fool even attempting to play. This video’s from the 2011 Vigo Cup in Bangkok.
Wonder why the name is so awful to read/say/comprehend? Says Wiki:
“Sepak” is the Malay word for kick and “takraw” is the Thai word for a woven ball, therefore sepak takraw quite literally means to kick ball. The choosing of this name for the sport was essentially a compromise between Malaysia and Thailand, the two powerhouse countries of the sport.
How about Legminton? Volleyflip? Feet Ball Smack?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found