Jan 18, 2013, 1:10 PM EST
The reason I’m thankful for the video below is that it’s not one of those animal prediction things (“The tortoise is eating the New England Patriots lettuce!”): it’s simply an otter catching a football, with an Atlanta Falcons banner in the background. You see, the folks at the Georgia Aquarium are honest. They know that animals don’t have favorite teams, or sports preferences of any kind. And as for otters, they’ll play with anything you throw into their enclosure.
Although some are more sophisticated than others:
Some may call this exploitation, but I see no real harm in using a sea mammal to ratchet up the hype for Sunday’s NFC Championship Game.
Falcons fans had better hope that Matt Ryan is more nimble than he appears in this video, however.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found