Jan 18, 2013, 11:18 AM EST
Let’s check my to-do list for this week and … oh no! I forgot to lose 200 pounds.
Aimee Smith of Wisconsin is a lot more organized than me. She lost 222 pounds, and is now running triathlons. Smith at one time weighed 425 — yikes — but didn’t know it, she says, because her scale only went up to 300.
She opted to undergo gastric bypass surgery and since then, her life has been transformed.
She’s lost 222 pounds, and now competes in triathlons and other long-distance running events, ABC News reports. She’s planning on running the Wisconsin marathon this May and hopes to one day complete an Iron Man triathlon.
Smith says she’s kept the weight off by exercising regularly and makes healthy food choices — eating in moderation and consuming lots of fruits and vegetables.
Hmm, radical plan … but it just might work! And here’s another method: running. This woman lost 150 pounds that way. I call it the ‘being chased by zombies diet’.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found