Jan 18, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Seems like a big gamble to me … will the Manti Te’o fake girlfriend saga still be a thing by May 23? That’s when the Florence Freedom, an independent Frontier League team in Florence, KY, will be giving away Manti Te’o Girlfriend bobbleheads to the first 1,000 fans through the gates at UC Health Stadium. But betting that a trend will still be on people’s minds several months from now is a risky proposition: It’s only been two days, and already I’m kind of sick of hearing about Te’o’s fake girlfriend. What are people going to think in May? Freedom press release:
“This will be the best kind of bobblehead a fan could get,” Freedom General Manager Josh Anderson said. “Because now fans can make the bobblehead out to be whatever they want it to be.”
Yes Freedom fans, the boxes will be empty. But that’s where fan imagination can run wild and individual unique stories about what the bobblehead should really look like can begin.
To add to the imaginary fun, section 115 will be blocked and reserved only for fans to sit with their imaginary friends, girlfriends/boyfriends or spouses. There will also be a make pretend kiss cam, air guitar contest and an imaginary food fight outside the Airheads Kids Zone.
Main question: can I get into the game using pretend money? And where’s the vendor with my air snacks?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found