NOW THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT: Spanish village opens feast of Saint Anthony with horses jumping through fire
Jan 17, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
If you like people on horses jumping through fire like medieval badasses, boy do I have an event you need to check out. Too bad it happened yesterday.
Every year, a bunch of awesome people bring their even awesomer horses out for the opening celebrations for the feast of Saint Anthony, who is the patron saint of animals and an apparent lover of all things fire. They set up a bonfire and everybody gets a turn at jumping their horses through it. And this isn’t ain’t no Hollywood CGI Tom Cruise jumping through fire. This is the real thing.
It all went down (yesterday) in the central Spanish village of San Bartolome de Pinares, which I assume is somewhere in Spain. Though it would have been great to be there, these pictures will have to suffice. And hopefully our subconscious will craft the shards together into an awesome dream. It’s on you.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found