Jan 16, 2013, 10:02 AM EDT
And let the Katherine Webb broadcasting career begin! (cuts ribbon, crowd applauds). The girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, who was thrust into the national spotlight when Brent Musburger pointed her out to TV viewers during the BCS title game, had some big news for her Twitter followers on Tuesday night:
So does this lead to a television career for the reigning Miss Alabama, like it did for Jenn Sterger? That’s unclear. What exactly will she be doing for Inside Edition? Also a mystery. But it’s New Orleans, and I see …
1. Cooking segments.
2. A visit with at least one fortune teller, self-described witch and/or voodoo practitioner.
3. Interview with John Goodman.
4. Remote from a shrimp boat.
But the announcement did lead to some rather rude comments from fans on Twitter, which were met with another tweet, by McCarron’s mom, Dee Dee Bonner. Soon, a mini Twitter feud had commenced.
When she says that’s not the best she can do, somehow I believe her.
Meanwhile, Musburger was interviewed by TMZ (more specifically, cornered) at the Palm Beach, FL, airport on Tuesday, and asked if he thought that he did anything wrong in pointing out Webb during the broadcast. His one-word answer: “No.”
But more interestingly, Musburger said that Webb “didn’t need help from me” to rise to fame, and I agree with that. OK, he had a little to do with it, but Webb was going to become famous eventually anyway, in my opinion. If anything, Musburger simply hurried along the process.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found