Jan 15, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
Lance Armstrong will sit down with Oprah for an exclusive interview on Thursday, and the big news is that there will be no couch. They’re on chairs! And is that hand lotion on the table? OK that’s it, g’night folks.
Reports say of course that Armstrong will admit to doping and kind-of-somewhat apologize, and who knows if that leak was inadvertent or came from OWN itself? Either way, just because we know what’s going to happen doesn’t mean that people won’t watch. For proof of that concept, just look at the movie Titanic. Exciting two-minute teaser video below (of Lance and Oprah, not Titanic).
“I would say he did not come clean in the manner that I expected,” Winfrey said on “CBS This Morning” Tuesday. She added that she and her production team were “mesmerized and riveted” by some of Armstrong’s answers. “I think the most important questions and answers that people around the world have been waiting to hear were answered,” she said.
As for myself, there’s only one person to whom I think Armstrong should apologize: that would be the guy who dressed as a syringe at the Amgen Tour of California in 2009. Remember when the guy ran alongside Lance’s bike, and Lance pushed him into a snow bank? Syringe Toting Guy was ahead of his time: speaking truth to power. So be a standup guy, Lance, and apologize to Syringe Toting Guy. That’s all we ask.
Here’s the teaser, which tells us pretty much nothing, except that there will be no Tom Cruise couch-hopping.
OWN press release:
Oprah Winfrey’s exclusive no-holds-barred interview with Lance Armstrong, ‘Oprah and Lance Armstrong: The Worldwide Exclusive,’ has expanded to air as a two-night event on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network. The special episode of ‘Oprah’s Next Chapter’ will air Thursday, January 17 from 9-10:30 p.m. ET/PT (as previously announced) and Friday, January 18 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The interview will be simultaneously streamed LIVE worldwide both nights on Oprah.com.
Meanwhile, the computer graphics elves at New Media Animation have been hard at work:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights