Jan 15, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
The Seahawks’ season may be over, but Seattlites take heart: at least you were able to do this.
More than 160,000 pounds of snow (it had to be trucked in) and 5,834 participants = the biggest snowball fight of all time, at least according to the Guinness Book of World Records. The old record? About 5,400 at a 2010 snowball fight in South Korea.
My favorite part:
For the official 90-second snowball fight, 130 judges watched for pacifists. Anyone not throwing snowballs was deducted from the total, organizer Neil Bergquist said Monday.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP