Jan 15, 2013, 10:19 AM EDT
I know this may shock you, but John Rocker’s views on gun control run toward the conservative side. There was a time when we weren’t aware of many of Rocker’s views — after his infamous Sports Illustrated interview in 1999, he kind of faded from public view. But now he’s writing a column for World Net Daily, a conservative political web site, so now we know his views on everything. Oh joy.
Mr. Obama wants to severely neuter the Second Amendment and disarm the law-abiding citizens of this nation, a similar act of tyrants throughout the 20th century such as Stalin, Mao and Hitler. Absolute certainties are a rare thing in this life, but one I think can be collectively agreed upon is the undeniable fact that the Holocaust would have never taken place had the Jewish citizenry of Hitler’s Germany had the right to bear arms and defended themselves with those arms.
Rocker ends his column with the infamous “Lunches With Wolves” quote, purportedly by Benjamin Franklin but proven to be fake. Franklin never said it, but that didn’t stop Rocker:
Quote of the week: Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
– Benjamin Franklin
For one thing, the word “lunch” was never used until at least 1840, several years after Franklin’s death. The quote might as well have been about cell phones.
John Rocker is a few hair follicles from being Homer Simpson.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found