Jan 15, 2013, 6:56 PM EST
So Lance Armstrong is going to come clean (sort of) in an interview with Oprah on Thursday. This has barely raised an eyebrow among the populace … no wait, everyone’s talking about it. And by everyone, I mean celebrities from Harry Shearer and Liz Phair to Dick Vitale and Chad Johnson. And of course Donald Trump. Is there a more diverse cross section of humanity than that?
Well, we have yet to hear from the animal kingdom. Lassie had no comment.
But the human reaction to Armstrong’s (supposed) admission of PED guilt has been pretty unforgiving, with a generous helping of humor. Because when someone denies over and over that he took performance enhancers, and then proceeds to make life miserable for those who say he did, and then says “Oops, forget all that,” then sometimes all you can do is laugh.
That’s a possibility we should not ignore. Anyway, onward with the celebrity reaction.
Lizz Winstead is the co-creator of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
Buzz Bissinger (author of Friday Night Lights) says he was wrong to believe in Armstrong.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found