Jan 14, 2013, 3:41 PM EST
As we know from last week, The Lingerie Football League has rebranded itself — changing its name to Legends Football League and ditching the underwear uniforms (although the alternative is just as revealing). And that was all that was standing in the way, apparently, to world domination.
Actually the LFL has been talking for some time about expanding to Europe, and now there are actual tryouts for the team in Manchester, England. LFL press release:
(Manchester, UK – Monday, January 14, 2013) Legends Football League (LFL) formerly known as Lingerie Football League announces expansion into Europe as its Manchester, UK franchise is set to host LFL Europa’s first ‘Open Tryout Football Combine’ on Super Bowl Sunday.
Manchester, UK Open Tryouts
Sunday February 3rd
Salford Sports Village
It’s probably very wrong, but for some reason all I can picture is this:
Manchester is one of four LFL Europe franchises, the others being Dublin, Ireland; Hamburg, Germany; and Dusseldorf, Germany. And according to LFL 360, there will also be a franchise in Barcelona. All of that is scheduled to begin in 2014.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found