Jan 14, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
OK, it wasn’t exactly like Laettner’s epic 1992 shot that beat Kentucky in the East Regional Final, but it was pretty close. Poca High School (nickname: the Dots. Yep) was down 39-38 with 1.5 seconds remaining in the game and had to inbound from their own end of the floor. So Matt Chandler threw a pass Noah Frampton at the opposite free throw line, and, well, see the video below.
Frampton Comes Alive!
This all happened in Poca, WV. Poca is now 10-1, while Scott High fell to 8-2.
“My dad couldn’t come to the game today, because he’s sick, so it’s for my dad,” Frampton said.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games