Jan 12, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
At nearly every collegiate/professional basketball games these days, there is a shooting contest where fans can win some cold hard cash or trips for hitting a certain number of shots.
Back on Thursday night, Casey Saulman of Bellarmine University (in Louisville) was given the task of hitting a lay-up, a free throw, a three pointer, and a half court shot to win a Caribbean cruise during a stoppage of play in the Knights men’s basketball game against Quincy.
Saulman only had thirty seconds to accomplish the task but that didn’t deter him as he cleared the first three levels with only four shots.
He eventually got to half court for the trip-winning shot with nine seconds left and Casey drained the shot which allowed the Knight’s mascot a chance to give him one big hug:
A quick postscript: Saulman’s roommate happens to be Garrett Ross…Ross is a guard on the Bellarmine basketball team.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found