Jan 11, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
I’ve always said if you look deeply enough into the eyes of a cat you’ll realize you can’t trust them. Dogs, trustable. Cats? NOPE. And Zach Randolph of the Memphis Grizzlies, despite being 6-foot-9 and 260 pounds, shares that sentiment with me.
Any time he sees a cat, he’s busy trying to avoid the chance that they scratch him. As a person who received their first cat scratch at the age of 10 when I tried to pet a friend’s cat and it mauled me, I can understand.
Plus, why are they so acrobatic? Nothing should ever be that acrobatic. Not even an acrobat.
Randolph appeared in a recent episode of Animal Planet’s Pit Bulls and Parolees, in which he helps rescue a pit bull trapped in a drainpipe.
“You can’t be both a dog lover and a cat lover,” Randolph says. “I’ve got a crazy phobia about cats. For some reason, I’m always thinking they’re going to scratch me. If a cat walks up, I’m going, ‘Oh no, this dude about to scratch me — I know it!’ Cats scare the hell out of me. I love animals, but I’m no cat lover. Guys usually aren’t.”
I’ve always said, “If this cat was 200 pounds heavier he’d be trying to eat me right now”. I’m sure Zach would agree.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Gary Stevens wins third Preakness
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Staal in agony after knee-on-knee hit