Jan 11, 2013, 10:16 AM EDT
Is Lance Armstrong on the verge of a doping confession? Anything can happen on Oprah’s couch, but some are skeptical. Armstrong will chat with the daytime TV diva next week, and some say he’ll come clean about performance enhancing drugs, which the United States Anti-Doping Agency says he used to win seven Tour de France titles (which were recently stripped). What will Lance say?
Well, now you can bet on it. The good folks at Ladbrokes, a British-based gambling agency, have set odds on the words Armstrong will use.
Ladbrokes are only offering evens on Armstrong’s use of the word ‘Confess’ and the phrase ‘Never tested positive’ during his chat at his Texas home with Winfrey. The phrase ‘Witch hunt’ and the names of Irish journalists David Walsh and Paul Kimmage offer slightly better prospects at 2/1.
The recently knighted 2012 Tour de France winner Bradley Wiggins and Sky team principal David Brailsford also make the list, at 4/1 and 8/1 respectively.
“We’re sure that he’ll apologize but if he actually means it is a whole different issue,” said Ladbrokes spokesperson Jessica Bridge.
“A full confession seems unlikely but if he wants to even attempt at rebuilding his public reputation he’s got no choice but to fess up.”
Here’s the list:
David Walsh 2/1
Paul Kimmage 2/1
Sunday Times 4/1
British Press/media 4/1
Witch hunt 2/1
Never tested positive Evens
Team Sky 8/1
Bradley Wiggins 4/1
Sir David Brailsford 8/1
Tour de France 1/8
Floyd Landis 4/1
Tyler Hamilton 6/4
George Hincapie 4/1
Johan Bruyneel 4/1
Dr. Michele Ferrari 5/6
Just for fun and variety they should have thrown in a few random wild cards, such as “shrimp” and “trousers.” Then I would totally watch.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found