Jan 10, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
Sudden fame is not agreeing with Katherine Webb, it seems. The girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron became a media sensation on Monday when ESPN’s Brent Musburger noticed her in the crowd during the BCS title game. Now, it seems, people won’t leave her alone.
“She was forced to change her phone number,” Donald Trump told [the New York Post] at Trump Tower during an event for Miss Universe. “She was getting thousands and thousands of calls. Katherine has to stay grounded now that she’s become a big star.”
What’s The Donald got to do with this? He owns the Miss Universe Pageant, and Webb is the reining Miss Alabama.
Meanwhile, Jenn Sterger, who went through a similar surge in popularity after Musburger pointed her out at the Florida State-Miami game in 2005, says the whole thing is giving her flashbacks.
“I was getting texts back home from random friends saying, ‘I think we just saw you on television. Why don’t you have any clothes on?’ That’s definitely how it just kind of snowballs around you. Of course, for me, it was a little different because I had message boards blowing up the next day and I had to go on and defend myself, because people actually thought I was a stripper that didn’t go to Florida State.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found