Jan 9, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Katherine Webb Twitter watch: the reigning Miss Alabama has 226,249 followers, slightly up from about 2,000 before her multiple camera shots during the BCS title game on Monday night. QB AJ McCarron’s girlfriend is all anyone is talking about following the game, including of course Donald Trump, who jumped in Tuesday night and tweeted:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
We are going to ask Katherine Webb to be a judge at the Miss USA Pageant coming up in Las Vegas.
Of course you are. Then this morning Ms. Webb appeared on The Today Show, where Matt Lauer asked her what she thought of all the attention received by Brent Musburger’s comments during the game. On Tuesday ESPN apologized for Musburger’s comments. Webb:
This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
“I think the media’s been unfair to him. If he would have said something along the lines of we were hot or sexy or made any derogatory statements like that, I think it would have been a little bit different. The fact he said we were both beautiful and gorgeous, I don’t see why any woman wouldn’t be flattered by that. So, I think that they’ve been unfair to him.”
Webb’s father would also like people to ease up on Musburger:
“On one hand, you can look at it as being kind of like the dirty old man, but I’m used to this and I think if you really look into what that he was trying to say, he was trying to be complimentary, and I think they need to give Brent a break,” Alan Webb told FOX 5 Atlanta.
Katherine Webb was also on the cover of the New York Post today.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found