Jan 8, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
How do you know that running is your sport? When you’re tackled by a deranged fan in the middle of a 10K, and you go on to win the race anyway. That’s what happened to Kenyan runner Edwin Kipsang Rotich, who had to fight off fatigue, hills, and a deranged attacker to win the race in Cuiaba, Brazil.
As you’ll see in the video below, the attacker, 33-year-old Wallace de Sousa Nogueira, tries to wrestle Rotich to the ground, but before he can do so a police officer on a motorcycle knocks Nogueira away. He was then arrested.
Nogueira’s arresting officer said: “He has a history of performing acts like these in the past, he’s someone with (psychiatric) problems.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found