Jan 8, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
I’ve always figured Jon Gruden as a pro wrestling fan — something about that just seems right. But the fact that Gruden attended WWE’s Monday Night Raw (The Great Khali vs. Antonio Cesaro!) event in Tampa seems a bit of an upset, seeing that he had to skip the BCS title game in Miami, which was occurring at the same time.
As it turns out, he made the right choice.
If you click on that link you’ll hear the broadcasters speculate on Gruden coaching the Browns, but sorry guys, doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. In fact, the window for Gruden to rejoin the NFL coaching ranks is likely shrinking by the minute.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- Play Video: Spurs take a commanding 2-0 lead
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Kerr: LeBron vs. Jordan comes down to rings
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3