Canadian ‘Miss Congeniality’ is guilty of being beautiful … also of rioting, destroying public property
Jan 8, 2013, 1:39 PM EDT
Remember when Vancouverites went nuts and nearly destroyed their own city? It was following the Stanley Cup Finals in 2011, when the Canucks lost to the Boston Bruins, and it was quite the mess up there: they’re still sweeping up glass. Well, one of the rioters identified and arrested was 20-year-old beauty contestant Sophie LaBoissonniere. She was eventually charged with destruction of public property and breaking and entering, and on Monday she pleaded guilty to the former charge.
In January 2011, five months before the riot, LaBoissonniere had been voted Miss Congeniality at the Miss Coastal Vancouver Pageant. Awesome. Miss LaBoissonniere, you have looted my heart!
She pleaded guilty to the riot charge, while the break-and-enter charge will be stayed by the Crown once she is sentenced, said her lawyer, David Baker.
The court has yet to hear what exactly Laboissonniere did as rioters torched cars, smashed windows and looted stores around her. Those details will come out at a sentencing hearing later this year, which she must attend, Baker said.
She seems nice, doesn’t she?
I doubt she can be seen but here’s a nice Vancouver riot video anyway.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found