Jan 7, 2013, 7:08 PM EST
Welcome to the Hispanic Games, which identifies itself as a ‘track meet’ featuring over 300 schools who congregate in New York every year and attempt to run around in circles for awhile until they run out of events. Apparently that format has finally grown boring this year, as student athletes augmented their running with an impromptu all-out brawl for the ages.
One second, they’re running, the next second, everybody’s brawling. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?
I ran track in my eighth grade year and the only time I ever felt angry was when they combined the boys and girls in the 4×100 meter relay and I grabbed the baton only to see someone shooting past me with a pony tail. It took me many seconds to realize I had to pass this girl, she’s a girl. And my mother caught it all on videotape.
You can actually hear people go, “Wait, is that a girl?” as I look like my feet are planted in quicksand. I eventually passed her, for the record. And we DID beat the girls on that relay. Whew.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found