Jan 7, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
If we’ve learned one thing over the past few months, it is to never doubt the power of Big Bird. First, the large awkward Sesame Street character ruined the presidential ambitions of Mitt Romney. Now, his brief video bomb may have ended the protracted NHL labor fuss.
It happened on Saturday, when Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes and Michael Grange were reporting on the 111th day of the lockout, when … Muppet video bomb! Big Bird walked by and made the moment his own. Behold below!
Then magically, hours later, lockout over! Big Bird’s powers are truly wondrous to behold.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found