Jan 5, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
In the final game of the regular season against the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson came nine yards short of breaking the NFL single-season rushing record held by former Rams running back Eric Dickerson.
With the Vikings traveling to Green Bay for the NFC Wild Card round, KARE sports reporter Keith Leventhal decided to check out one of the Packers bars in the area.
The below photo taken by Leventhal shows a sign in the bar mocking Peterson’s inability to break the record and shows the distance that nine yards encompasses:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found