Jan 5, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
As the college football bowl season comes to a close, there was one particularly bad call during the Outback Bowl between the South Carolina Gamecocks and the Michigan Wolverines.
Michigan was driving on offense in the fourth quarter and the referees brought the chains onto the field to measure if the Wolverines had gained a first down.
Using the naked eye, it appeared that Michigan was well short of the first down but for some unknown reason, the referees awarded them a first down.
Thanks to that blown call, we got this cute video of a three-year-old girl explaining how it couldn’t possibly be a first down:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming