Down go the Hardrockers! Westmont’s Jordan Sachs knocks down incredible half-court-buzzer-beating-OT-game-winner
Jan 4, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
A miracle happened the other day in an NAIA nonconference men’s basketball game and we at OTB got our dirty hands on the video tape to share for one and all.
Down by a point in overtime with 3.1 seconds to go against the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology Hardrockers (yep), the Westmont Warriors’ Jordan Sachs, who sounds like a very rich man, pulled down a missed free throw, jetted up court and launched a majestic half-court heave at the buzzer. And made it. Commence celebration. Make sure to turn your headphones down for this one, because both announcers insist on describing this at once.
Someone turn their mics off! SOMEBODY!
Fun fact: The South Dakota School of Mines and Technology mascot is named Grubby the Miner.
By the way, Westmont (located in Santa Barbara, Calif.) plays host to the Alex Moore Classic beginning on Saturday, Jan. 12. The tourney also serves as a fundraiser for the Moore family: Alex Moore was a kinesiology professor at Westmont who died in May at age 31 from complications following surgery for Crohn’s disease. Proceeds from the event will benefit Kirsten Moore and their baby, Alexis, who was born seven weeks after Alex’s death, as well as research for Crohn’s disease. Further info here.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead