Jan 3, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
Chipper Jones played his entire career with the Atlanta Braves, but he’s a Florida Gator at heart — born in DeLand, just a slog through the Ocala National Forest from Gainesville. So when heavily-favored Florida got swatted by Louisville in the Sugar Bowl on Wednesday, Chipper was none-to-amused, and took to Twitter to register his disgust.
Gators’ defensive back Loucheiz Purifoy was not amused by Chipper’s comments:
Of course coming so soon as it did after this, I would think Chipper would still be keeping a low profile.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?