The Warriors’ bench had a lot of fun with Blake Griffin’s missed 3-pointer on Wednesday night (video)
Jan 3, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Golden State Warriors’ fans haven’t had a lot to cheer about lately, and by lately I mean 1975, the last time the team won an NBA title. There’s been the occasional beating of the Mavericks in the playoffs and such, but for the most part it’s been a long trip through the Swamps of Sadness.
In case you haven’t noticed, however, Golden State has now won 13 of its past 17, and is 22-10 overall in the Pacific — just 2 1/2 behind the Clippers. Are they for real? The Warriors beat said Clippers 115-94 on Wednesday, LA’s first loss since November. So yeah, pretty giddy times in Oakland (eventually to be San Francisco, by the way — the team is moving to The City by 2017).
Exactly how giddy are the Warriors? Watch the video below, as LA’s Blake Griffin puts up a rather unfortunate 3-point attempt in the third quarter of Wednesday’s game. Did that shot hit the side of the backboard? Yeah, the Warriors’ bench had a little fun with that.
Our man Bob Fitzgerald has the call.
But the mocking of Griffin didn’t stop there.
“He’s a great actor. I’ve seen those Kia commercials,” Warriors coach Mark Jackson said of Griffin, via Antonio Gonzalez of the Associated Press.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful