Jan 3, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
The year was 1985: the single We Are the World was recorded by USA for Africa, Mikhail Gorbachev became General Secretary of the Soviet Union, and Coca-Cola introduced New Coke — all of course which have stood the test of time. Meanwhile, Nintendo debuted Super Mario Bros., the video game sequel to Mario Bros. in which a short Italian man hopped around for points. It was a simpler time.
But now you can relive the glory with a slightly different version of that classic game, Super Marion Bros. Here’s the Dallas Mavericks’ Shawn Marion (who was seven when the original game came out) cavorting in the Mushroom Kingdom, fighting Bowser’s forces and attempting to save Princess Toadstool (or in this case, the NBA trophy). So pour a bowl of Pac Man Cereal and settle in front of the TV to play a few games. Good luck!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found